|Calendar running in the BeebEm emulator|
The new features are:
- 'Green letter day' - these are custom dates that you can set so they appear as green days in the calendar. The dates are simply stored in a text file and you can add a single string of 38 characters to describe the event/day, for example "Auntie Maggie's birthday". Dates can be set as either one-off events, or annual events.
- The calendar automatically updates when the date changes in real time. For example, if you are watching the calendar on the 30th November, late at night, the calendar will switch to 1st December at midnight.
- Clock has been added. A simple depiction of the current time, which updates every five seconds.
- Months in the future are depicted in green, and the past is depicted as red.
- I have included an example data file (D.data) which includes some 'green letter days'.
In the future I may add the ability to add multiple events for each day. I would have to change the underlying data structure so that events are stored as a linked-list, but I would also have to think about how the events all fit on the screen.
You can download the single-sided disc image for your BBC Master datacentre or for your emulator.
- Hold <SHIFT> and press <BREAK> to load.
- To load the documentation: CH."docs".
- The dates data file is D.data and should be edited in your text editor *EDIT D.data