DesignEvo

Candy from PearlMountain got in touch recently and asked me to do a review of DesignEvo. I don't often get asked to review software. I prefer to showcase stuff I find interesting as and when I find it myself, but Candy asked nicely, so here we go.

DesignEvo is a very easy to use tool for creating vector logos. After a brief tutorial you are deposited on a blank 500 x 500 canvas with three tabs one the left hand side. Candy promises me professional looking logos in seconds and she doesn't disappoint.

A very intuitive interface with over one million icons available through search.

There are three main elements to your design: Icons, text and shapes. These can then be freely arranged on your canvas. I had a go at creating a new logo for HaveSpellWillTravel. I started my stop watch at the end of the tutorial and I had produced the following design after 48 seconds.

Let's check those credentials again. "Professional-looking logo" - CHECK. Created in seconds - YOU BET! 48 seconds in fact.
Some really nice features include:

  • Dotty green guidelines on the canvas to help you position your stuff.
  • The ability to download your logo - for FREE in JPEG, PNG and transparent format, although they do ask that you credit the source back to DesignEvo, which I guess is only fair. A link along the lines of: Logo made with DesignEvo is required.
  • The preview feature allows you to see how your logo as it would appear on your headed notepaper or tee-shirt.

See how your logo would look on your employees' chests, or in the foyer of your HQ in Silicon Valley. 
Our review summary: This is a really easy to use tool that would be perfect for school projects.

Our rating: 5/5 and +1 Geek Experience Point for PearlMountain.

If you came here looking for logos, then you might like our reviews of other logo software. If you just parachuted in looking for something fun, then you might like this stuff or that stuff. Either way, I'll see you soon for more geeky stuff.