My Planet - progress report #5

What have I done, or not done, to make my people stop believing in me?  Or is it that my people have embraced a new humanistic lifestyle with their recent technological gains?  (Look, they've invented piers the size of Italy)
Yesterday:
61% of people born on my planet are currently alive.
51% of souls go to "Paradise".

Today:
59% of people born on my planet are currently alive.
36% of souls go to "Paradise". 

Tune in soon for colonisation of the moon (or maybe an Earthquake, if my people stop believing in me).  I am sure you cannot wait!

My moon.  Current hypothesis suggests it is made from cheese. but further investigation is required.  If my people can build boats the size of France, they can build a ladder into space.  They just gotta believe.... 
My Planet is a god-game from Ape Apps (follow this link for Android version and this link for the Windows 8 version.  I am playing on my Samsung Win 8.1 tablet computer).