My Planet

My Planet is a god-game from Ape Apps (follow this link for Android version and this link for the Windows 8 version.  I will be playing on my Samsung Win 8.1 tablet computer).

The aim of the game is to try and reach a population of one-million.  The game runs in real-time, so you have to check in two or three times a day to make sure your planet has the right conditions for life.

There are two controls:  Sunlight ON/OFF, and Rain ON/OFF.  You need about 12 hours of sunlight per day, and 12 of darkness, otherwise your planet's vegetation either scorch or wither.  You also need the right balance of water - too little and the plants die; too much and your people drown!

I've had the game running on my tablet for a couple of weeks and I thought I would share my quest to reach one-million population.

My planet just after 'The creation.'
After a flood of biblical proportions, my population has recovered nicely and I have a good balance of light and water.  My civilisation should prosper.
This god is saving up for a good Earthquake.

Ooops!  It is too easy for a god to leave the rain on.   Here's hoping my population have learned how to build boats, because there isn't a button for that.